Invest in Rutherford County?
WHY INVEST IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TENNESSEE?
Rutherford County, located in the “Heart of Tennessee,” is the population and geographic center of the state. Just southeast of Nashville, the county combines the benefits of smaller-town living with the amenities of a major metropolitan area. If you would like to buy or sell a property in this fast growing market, contact Comas Montgomery Realty and Auction Co. today!
Facts about Rutherford County
- 95.1 Cost of Living Index vs. The National Average of 100
- 5th in the U.S. for job growth from February 2015 to February 2016
- 13th Fastest Growing City in America, between July 1, 2014 and July 1, 2015
- More than 2,700 new jobs were created in 2015 and $667 million in capital investments were made from 5 relocations and 11 exisiting company expansions.
- Middle Tennessee State University is the largest undergraduate university in Tennessee with more than 23,000 students.
- Within a day’s drive of 75% of the nation’s markets and only minutes from 3 major interstates.
- Great air service through Murfreesboro, Smyrna and Nashville International airports.
- Lower cost of living with unparallel quality of life.
Sources: 2016 ACCRA Cost of Living, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Commerce and The Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce
2010 Census: 262,604
2017 Population: 310,750
2022 Projection: 338,756
Number of Households: 113,872
Average Household Income: $70,235
Median Household Income: $56,936
City of Murfreesboro
2010 Census: 108,755
2017 Population: 132,379
2022 Projection: 143,942
Number of Households: 50,660
Average Household Income: $67,203
Median Household Income: $51,290
Town of Smyrna
2010 Census: 39,974
2017 Population: 47,926
2022 Projection: 52,361
Number of Households: 18,044
Average Household Income: $67,342
Median Household Income: $54,101
City of La Vergne
2010 Census: 32,588
2017 Population: 38,077
2022 Projections: 41,672
Number of Households: 12,483
Average Household Income: $65,528
Median Household Income: $57,630
Sources: 2017 Claritas Estimate, 2010 Census Data and The Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce
- Middle Tennessee State University Enrollment: 23,881
- Motlow College Enrollment: 2,100
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology Enrollment: 361
- Rutherford County Schools Enrollment: 42,626
- Murfreesboro City Schools Enrollment: 7,411
Top Private Sector Employers in the Area
- Nissan Motor Manufacturing Corp.
- Amazon Fulfillment Center
- State Farm Operations Center
- Ingram Content Group
- St. Thomas Health
- Verizon Wireless
- General Mills
- Taylor Farms
- Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
- Middle Tennessee State University
Retail and Travel
2015 Total County Retail Sales: $6,560,623,226
2015 Travel Related Expenditures: $316,450,000
Rutherford Co. has developed over 4 million square feet of retail in the last 10 years.
Source: TN Dept. of Revenue, U.S. Travel Association and The Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce